May 02, 2011
Recipe: Chocolate Gourmandize, the perfect Mother’s Day Dessert!
Looking for something special to serve your mom on her special day? Our Chocolate Gourmandize warm out of the oven will make any mother’s day! A delicate chocolate cake with a decadent chocolate lava interior, we think Chocolate Gourmandize is divine with a fresh raspberry sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 4 oz. quality dark chocolate
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 ea. eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
Oven Temperature: 550-570 degrees
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate just inside the door of the oven, being careful not to burn the butter.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Mix in the flour and sugar with the eggs until the mixture is just blended enough to be fully incorporated.
- Slowly fold in the melted chocolate and butter into the flour mixture. Stir gently to mix.
- Pour approximately 4-oz. of the mixture into four 6-ounce oven-safe ceramic dishes, and place just inside the doorway, away from the flame. Cook for approximately 8 minutes, or until the mixture begins to pull away from the container slightly around the edges but still has a little wiggle at the top. If the mixture sets completely, it will be overdone.
- Remove the containers from the oven and allow the dessert to cool just slightly. The dessert is extremely hot inside.
- Gently run a sharp knife around the edge of the bowls to loosen the mixture. Turn the bowl over onto a serving plate. It should release easily.
- Garnish the dessert with raspberry sauce, ice cream, or whipped cream.