Recipe: Molasses & Pepper Tri Tip Roast
This roast emerges from our ovens tender and moist and the sweetness of the molasses marinade makes for a tri tip that melts in your mouth.
- 1 ea. 2 -3-lb. tri tip roast
- 3 Tbsp. Garlic Ginger Purée
- 3 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 oz. butcher cracked black pepper
Oven Temperature: 570-600 degrees
- Rub the tri tip roast with Garlic Ginger Puree. Allow the tri tip to rest for 30 minutes.
- Coat the roast with molasses, massaging the molasses into the roast, then rub the entire surface with cracked black pepper.
- Wrap the roast tightly in saran wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Before cooking, remove the roast from the refrigerator and temper for 1 hour.
- In a hot cast iron skillet or sizzle pan, roast the tri tip in the finishing zone for about 15 minutes, rotating once halfway through the cooking
process. When you remove the roast from the oven, the internal temperature should register at least 125 degrees (medium rare).
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before carving.