Pearl couscous – also called Israeli couscous looks like a grain, but it is actually a type of toasted pasta. This easy one-pan side dish goes great with everything from seafood to lamb.
1 ¾ cup
- Heat your Wood Stone to a moderate temperature – between 400°F and 425°F.
- Turn your oven flame to 3.
- Place a sauté pan next to the flame and heat thoroughly.
- Add the olive oil and heat briefly. Place pan close to the flame.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Add the couscous, stir to coat and cook for a minute to toast. Place the pan close to the flame.
- Add the chicken broth and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed, and the couscous are cooked through. Place the pan near the flame at first and move to the center to reach preferred texture. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Add cut asparagus, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Stir in the parmesan and parsley and serve.