Wood Stone fosters a great team environment that values hard work, professionalism, and fun. We are very particular about who we hire! We like folks who value using their mental and emotional intelligence in their work to contribute to our amazing culture.
If you are interested in joining our team, please see the list below for our current openings. To apply you may stop by our office to pick up an application, fill out our online application, or email Jackie Van Zwol.
Wood Stone’s Vision:
To deliver exceptional foodservice equipment and customer support to exciting and emerging brands.
Wood Stone’s Core Values:
Quality: Guides and inspires every aspect of our business.
Integrity: We practice openness and honesty.
Collaboration: We are a team and trusted partner to our customers.
Accountability: We are all owners and can shape our future.
Wood Stone also offers:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan – ESOP (we are an employee-owned company)
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Healthcare Benefits (medical, vision, dental, etc.)
- Profit Sharing
- Company Performance Bonus
- Smart Trips incentives
- and More!
Wood Stone is currently seeking a Graphic Designer
As a Graphic Designer for Wood Stone, you do way more than make pretty pictures. You communicate visually with a keen eye for design aesthetic, and work with our marketing team to solve brand challenges we face both internally and externally.
You get excited about what’s possible. Create a brand identity from the ground up? You’ll accept that challenge. Translate that brand into a digital campaign? Sure, let’s go. Environmental graphics? Collaboration with exhibit companies? Social graphics, logos, proposals and PowerPoint presentations? Broadcast or live streaming? You embrace every challenge, and at Wood Stone, unique opportunities are waiting around the corner. You are pragmatic, optimistic and a team player with a track record of getting stuff done. And despite what you’ve accomplished, your best work lies ahead of you. If this sounds like you, then Wood Stone wants to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Bring passion and creativity to any design assignment
- Be comfortable tackling a variety of visual design challenges — from advertising, to brand identity, to physical environments, to the development of original brand guidelines and standards
- Generate ideas that inspire great copy — as well as translate copy into great design
- Present concepts with rationale to the Creative Director and/or Marketing Manager for approval
- Maintain knowledge of the company’s operations to contribute ideas on projects and to produce artwork that is in line with the company’s business needs
- Help translate thoughts and ideas into viable designs to suit the current project’s purpose
- Prepare mark-ups of collateral, discuss them with appropriate management, and make necessary changes
- Work collaboratively with other designers, agencies and members of the marketing team
- Work with our engineering team to render illustrations needed for sales support
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects from concept to completion
- Monitor projects through all phases of production from initial sketches to press checks via Basecamp
- Organize and manage company graphics directory
- Continue to learn and push yourself
What you bring us:
- Proven conceptual and design skills — backed by the technical skills to execute your vision (Adobe CC and Office 365 a must)
- Exceptional typography skills
- 3+ years working as a creative professional
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple projects, revisions and timelines
- Stellar communication skills
- Passionate attitude and enthusiasm
- Fun, creative energy
- Critical eye for details
- 3D rendering skills a HUGE plus – experience with Rhino, Keyshot, etc.
Wood Stone Corporation, based in Bellingham, Washington, has been manufacturing stone hearth and specialty commercial cooking equipment for the foodservice industry since 1990. We have more than 15,000 installations in over 80 countries worldwide.
Wood Stone built its reputation on our family of stone hearth ovens. Our technologically advanced ceramics and engineering expertise, coupled with our high-quality construction techniques and attention to detail, are typical of all of our products and relied upon by our loyal customers. Our product offerings have grown since inception and Wood Stone now also designs, engineers and manufactures a line of specialty commercial cooking equipment in addition to our oven offerings.
We offer a competitive salary and robust benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k + ESOP), paid vacation and sick time.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and be prepared to provide us with a portfolio of recent work.