Zucchini and Basil Frittata
This dish has quickly become part of our standard breakfast repertoire. It embodies everything we love about a breakfast dish—quick, versatile, and delicious—just the thing for a morning meal. Think of this frittata recipe as a template; you can substitute or add cheeses, meats, and vegetables as you see fit. Nearly any combination of these ingredients produces fantastic results.
- 4 ea. eggs
- 10 ea. basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 oz. smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- Oven Temperature: 500-600 degrees
- Combine the eggs, basil, and cheeses. Whisk until blended.
- Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan in front of the flame until it begins to smoke.
- Add the onions to the oil and sauté until translucent.
- Layer the sliced zucchini on top of the onions and pour the egg mixture over the zucchini.
- Place the sauté pan in the raw landing zone, and cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until the top is slightly caramelized and the frittata is firm. Remove from oven and turn out onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves.