Tri-Tip with Molasses and Ginger Garlic Purée and Black Pepper Crust
This roast emerges from our rotisserie tender and moist, and the sweetness of the molasses marinade perfectly makes for a tri tip that melts in your mouth.
- 1 ea. 2-3-lb. whole tri tip roast
- 3 Tbsp. Garlic Ginger Purée
- 3 Tbsp. molasses
- 3 Tbsp. butcher cracked black pepper
- Rotisserie: 5-10-in. Flame Height
- Rub the tri tip roast with Garlic Ginger Purée. Allow tri tip to rest for 30 minutes.
- Coat the tri tip with molasses, massaging the molasses into the roast, then rub the surface with the cracked black pepper.
- Wrap the roast and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Before roasting, remove the tri tip from the refrigerator and temper for 1 hour.
- Place the tri tip in a four arm basket and hang the spit in the rotisserie.
- Roast until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 120 degrees. Remove from the oven and allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes before