Makes about 1 cup
A rich addition to any pizza, we love the depth of flavor in these onions
- 3 ea. large yellow onions, peeled and sliced into 1/4-in. slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Oven Temperature: 570-600 degrees
- In a medium bowl, toss the onions slices with the olive oil until they’re well coated. Layer the onions in a half sheet pan.
- Place in the searing/sauté zone, to the right or left of the flame. Cook, rotating halfway through the cooking process, until the onions are translucent and begin to color.