Berry Cardamom Cobbler
Makes 4 ea. 8-oz. cobblers
What could be better than a bubbling berry cobbler, just out of the oven? If you’d like, you can substitute sliced apples or pears for the berries in
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cardamom, ground
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz. clarified butter
- 8 oz. fresh berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Oven Temperature: 570-600 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, and cardamom. Stir in milk and whisk until smooth
- Add 1 oz. clarified butter to four 8-oz. cazuelas or similar oven safe boats. Place just inside the doorway of the oven until the butter begins to bubble.
- Pull the cazuelas to the mantle of the oven and pour equal portions of batter into each dish, filling the dishes no more than halfway full.
- Put equal portions of fruit on top of the batter and return the cazuelas to inside the doorway of the oven. Bake until batter is set and cobbler is golden brown on top, about 6 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.