04.07.11 // Recipe: Olive Tapenade
Makes 4 cups
Our twist on traditional tapenade uses mayonnaise to soften its flavor. When we serve breads, crackers, and vegetables in our test kitchen, we always include a small bowl of this tapenade as an accompaniment. If there happens to be a bit left the next day, the remainder makes a great savory spread for grilled sandwiches.
- 2 cups kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 Tbsp. anchovy filets, minced
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Best Foods mayonnaise
- Searing Seasonings to taste
- Pulse the olives, anchovies, capers, and garlic together in the food processor until they form a coarse relish.
- Fold in the mayonnaise and the oil. Add Searing Seasonings as needed.
Serve in a small bowl next to warm Focaccia bread.