Wood Stone fosters a great team environment that values hard work, professionalism, and fun. We are very particular about who we hire! We like folks who value using their mental and emotional intelligence in their work to contribute to our amazing culture.
If you are interested in joining our team, please see the list below for our current openings. To apply you may stop by our office to pick up an application, fill out our online application, or email Jackie Van Zwol.
Wood Stone’s Vision:
To deliver exceptional foodservice equipment and customer support to exciting and emerging brands.
Wood Stone’s Core Values:
Quality: Guides and inspires every aspect of our business.
Integrity: We practice openness and honesty.
Collaboration: We are a team and trusted partner to our customers.
Accountability: We are all owners and can shape our future.
Wood Stone also offers:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan – ESOP (we are an employee-owned company)
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Healthcare Benefits (medical, vision, dental, etc.)
- Profit Sharing
- Company Performance Bonus
- Smart Trips incentives
- and More!
VP of Human Resources
As the VP of Human Resources for Wood Stone, you do much more than administer policies and procedures. You are the vision-holder for Wood Stone’s culture, workspace and employee experience. You have a passion for building and supporting a world-class team and fostering the environments that inspire their best work. You are a key member of the leadership team and responsible for leading high-impact, people-focused strategic initiatives that not only fuel company culture, but also drive alignment with the overall company values and vision.
You are a strategic thinker and are always up for a challenge (and a good laugh). You ensure that Wood Stone is attracting and retaining GREAT employees and is fostering a best-in-class environment for productivity and collaboration. You are excited about what’s possible for Wood Stone and correlate successful business performance to the opportunities it creates for employees. You are a warm, friendly, approachable team player with a track record of getting stuff done. And despite what you’ve accomplished, your best work lies ahead of you.
What you’ll do:
Attract/Recruit & Retain:
- Create a clear sense of meaning and purpose for every employee’s overall well-being
- Develop a process for career, compensation and benefit evaluation
- Develop and implement staffing strategies to identify talent (internally and externally)
Engage & Recognize:
- Foster and promote employee engagement with focus on strengthening employee and manager relations
- Develop and coordinate a program for meaningful internal and external celebration/recognition
- Assist with employee relations counseling
- Deliver a consistent program for employee onboarding aligned with corporate vision
- Develop succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions
- Develop and implement training/development programs that support employees – professionally and personally
Manage Compensation & Benefits:
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance
- Assist with benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices and communicating benefit information to employees
- Develop programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees
- Develop appropriate policies and programs to ensure compliance with local, state and federal requirements
- Manage employee relations issues to ensure fairness and consistency
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR department
What you bring us:
- HR Management/Business degree. 5+ years of demonstrated HR leadership experience
- Proven track record of strategic people development aligned with a company’s growth objectives
- Expert in specific areas of talent attraction, development, coaching, retention and succession planning
- Expert communication know-how; solid verbal, written and interpersonal skills to engage and mobilize company to embrace and deliver Goals, Vision and Strategy. Demonstrated collaborative skills, both internally and externally
- A warm, approachable demeanor
- Ability to embrace and demonstrate the company’s core values
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leaders, executive presence
Wood Stone Corporation, based in Bellingham, Washington, has been manufacturing stone hearth and specialty commercial cooking equipment for the foodservice industry since 1990. We have more than 15,000 installations in over 80 countries worldwide.
Wood Stone built its reputation on our family of stone hearth ovens. Our technologically advanced ceramics and engineering expertise, coupled with our high-quality construction techniques and attention to detail, are typical of all of our products and relied upon by our loyal customers. Our product offerings have grown since inception and Wood Stone now also designs, engineers and manufactures a line of specialty commercial cooking equipment in addition to our oven offerings.
We offer a competitive salary and robust benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k + ESOP) and paid vacation.
Interested applicant should send a cover letter and resume